Dear brothers and sisters at Reservoir Presbyterian Church,
Recently the Presbyterian Church of Victoria said: “With the love of the Lord Jesus working in and through us, encourage the vaccinated in PCV congregations to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the unvaccinated and encourage the unvaccinated to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the vaccinated (Phil 2:1–5).” And so our aim is to give everyone an opportunity to participate in church gatherings, as far as the current situation allows.
Based on current Chief Health Officer’s Orders, here is the COVIDSafe plan for our church.
We plan to run the following services (all indoors):
|Time||Maximum numbers||Full Vaccination Required?|
|11:00am||34 in church building|
25 in hall on video feed
12 in kids church hall
|Yes (if aged 16+)|
- We will continue our live-stream at 11am on our YouTube channel ( bit.ly/reservoirpc ).
- Kids’ Church will begin meeting face-to-face at the new time of 11am.
- We will not be serving morning tea or dinner at this stage.
- From 7 November 2021, we will not require pre-booking, but please understand that if the church is full, you may need to either attend another service or watch the livestream from home.
- Playgroup may resume with a limit of 25 people in the hall. Please contact Suzy if intending to come.
- STA may resume with up to 25 people in the hall, please contact Doug if you’d like to attend.
- English Classes will resume from 4 November, with up to 25 people in then all.
- Small Groups may resume face-to-face, or may continue electronically. If intending to meet on the church property, group leaders should contact Dean for appropriate COVID advice.
Those who attend the church property will follow these COVIDSafe principles:
- If you have any COVID symptoms, or are in quarantine, you must stay home.
- Any time an event is held on the church property, one person should be appointed as COVID Check-in Marshall, who will ensure that at each entrance people to sign in the QR code at each entrance.
- Where possible, please keep 1.5m distance from others (unless you’re from the same household).
- If aged over 12 years, you must wear a mask indoors, unless speaking up the front.
- After any use of the buildings, surfaces and doorhandles in that space must be wiped down.
- At this stage, we will not be rostering unvaccinated people on welcoming/door-manager duties.
Brothers and sisters this is a time of transition and change, we are spread out over multiple services (plus some will still be joining from home). We need to continue being flexible as there will likely be further changes in the coming weeks. But at all times, let’s keep our focus on Christ, and stay united in Him:
How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
…For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore. (Psalm 133)
The Reservoir PC Session.