Dear brothers and sisters at Reservoir Presbyterian Church,
Based on current Chief Health Officer’s Order, here the COVIDSafe plan for our church. Our aim is to give everyone an opportunity to participate in church gatherings, as far as the current situation allows.
- We plan to run outdoor services at 9:30am and 5pm. Please note:
- We can have up to 20 people attend, (plus up to 5 people running the service).
- No vaccination is required for those attending outdoor the service.
- To book for the 9:30am service, please contact Dean.
- To book for the 5pm service, please contact Andrew.
- We will run our live-stream at the new time of 11am on our YouTube channel ( bit.ly/reservoirpc ).
- We can also have up to 20 fully vaccinated people attend this indoor service (plus up to 5 people running the service). If you’d like to attend, please contact Dean to book in.
- Kids’ Church will continue on Zoom at the new time of 11am.
- We will not be serving morning tea or dinner at this stage.
- Playgroup may resume with a limit of 20 people attending. Parents must be fully vaccinated. Please contact Suzy if intending to come.
- STA may resume with up to 10 people indoors, please contact Doug if you’d like to attend.
- English Classes will resume from 4 November, with up to 10 people indoors (plus teachers).
- Small Groups may resume face-to-face with up to 10 people present, or may continue electronically. If intending to meet on the church property, group leaders should contact Dean for appropriate COVID advice.
Looking further ahead
- We anticipate that these arrangements will only be in place for a short time (1-2 weeks), and that there will be further updates to this documents when Victoria reaches 80% double-dose.
Those who attend the church property will follow these COVIDSafe principles:
- If you have any COVID symptoms, or are in quarantine, you must stay home.
- Any time an event is held on the church property, one person should be appointed as COVID Check-in Marshall, who will assist people to sign in the QR code at the entrance. If there are more than 10 people attending (not counting those running the event), the Check-in Marshall may admit only fully vaccinated people indoors.
- People aged less than 16 years old do not require vaccination in order to attend church events.
- Where possible, please keep 1.5m distance from others (unless you’re from the same household).
- If aged over 12 years, you must wear a mask, unless speaking up the front.
- After any use of the buildings, surfaces and doorhandles in that space must be wiped down.
- All who serve on the roster, or who run midweek events are considered “workers,” and thus must by fully vaccinated before they serve (unless its a gathering of 10 people or less, in which case they must have had at least one dose of vaccine). We are keeping a record of the vaccination status of everyone who serves in these ways.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever. (Psalm 136)
The Reservoir PC Session.