Dear brothers and sisters at Reservoir Presbyterian Church,
Recently the Presbyterian Church of Victoria said: “With the love of the Lord Jesus working in and through us, encourage the vaccinated in PCV congregations to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the unvaccinated and encourage the unvaccinated to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the vaccinated (Phil 2:1–5).” And so our aim is to give everyone an opportunity to participate in church gatherings, as far as the situation allows.
Based on current Chief Health Officer’s Orders, here is the COVIDSafe plan for our church.
- No booking is required to attend church, (but please be patient and understanding if you arrive and find that church is full).
- We plan to run the following services (all indoors):
|Time||Maximum numbers||Full Vaccination Required?|
|9:30 am||50, mask required||No|
|11:00 am||no limit, no mask required||Yes (if aged 12 and 2 months+)|
|5:00 pm||50, mask required||No|
- We will continue our live-stream at 11am on our YouTube channel ( bit.ly/reservoirpc ).
- Kids’ Church will continue meeting face-to-face at 11am.
- Dinners will resume in the evening for a maximum of 25 people. Morning tea may be served after the 11am service, at the discretion of the catering team. If you wish to serve food at any other church event, please contact Doug Brownley for advice on best practise.
- Playgroup continue with a limit of 25 people in the hall. Please contact Suzy if intending to come.
- STA continues with up to 25 people in the hall, please contact Doug if you’d like to attend.
- English Classes continue, with up to 25 people in the hall.
- Small Groups can meet face-to-face or electronically. If intending to meet on the church property, group leaders should contact Dean for appropriate COVID advice.COVIDSafe Principles
Those who attend the church property will follow these COVIDSafe principles:
- If you have any COVID symptoms, or are in quarantine, you must stay home.
- Any time an event is held on the church property, one person should be appointed as COVID Check-in Marshall, who will ensure that at each entrance people to sign in the QR code. The Marshall will also check vaccination status at the 11am service.
- Where possible, please keep 1.5m distance from others (unless you’re from the same household).
- If aged over 12 years, you must wear a mask indoors during the 9:30am or 5pm ‘no vaccination status required’ service, unless speaking up the front.
- Masks are not required at the 11:00am ‘fully vaccinated’ service.
- After any use of the buildings, surfaces and doorhandles in that space must be wiped down.
- At this stage, we will not be rostering unvaccinated people on welcoming/door-manager duties.
Let’s keep on being flexible and kind toward one another during this time of transition. We expect changes in the coming weeks, but let’s always remember:
“… great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.”
The Reservoir PC Session.