Dear brothers and sisters at Reservoir Presbyterian Church,
Recently the Presbyterian Church of Victoria said: “With the love of the Lord Jesus working in and through us, encourage the vaccinated in PCV congregations to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the unvaccinated and encourage the unvaccinated to show a measure of self-sacrificing flexibility towards the vaccinated (Phil 2:1–5).” And so our aim is to give everyone an opportunity to participate in church gatherings, as far as the situation allows.
Based on current Chief Health Officer’s Orders, here is the COVIDSafe plan for our church.
- No booking is required to attend church, (but please be patient and understanding if you arrive and find that church is full).
- We plan to run the following services (all indoors):
|Time||Maximum numbers||Full Vaccination Required?|
|9:30 am||50, mask required||No|
|11:00 am||no limit, no mask required||Yes (if aged 12 and 2 months+)|
|5:00 pm||50, mask required||No|
- We will continue our live-stream at 11am on our YouTube channel ( bit.ly/reservoirpc ).
- Kids’ Church will continue meeting face-to-face at 11am.
- On Christmas Day (25 December), we will run a single, fully vaccinated service at 10am
- Note: There will be a change to our service times beginning from December 26th. We will detail these in a revised COVIDSafe plan closer to the date.
- Notes on serving food:
- Morning tea may be served after the 11am service.
- Dinners will resume in the evening for a maximum of 25 people. If you wish to serve food at any other church event, please contact Doug Brownley for advice on best practise.
- Playgroup continue with a limit of 25 people in the hall. Please contact Suzy if intending to come.
- STA continues with up to 25 people in the hall, please contact Doug if you’d like to attend.
- English Classes continue, with up to 25 people in the hall.
- Small Groups can meet face-to-face or electronically. If intending to meet on the church property, group leaders should contact Dean for appropriate COVID advice.COVIDSafe Principles
Those who attend the church property will follow these COVIDSafe principles:
- If you have any COVID symptoms, or are in quarantine, you must stay home.
- Any time an event is held on the church property, one person should be appointed as COVID Check-in Marshall, who will ensure that at each entrance people to sign in the QR code. The Marshall will also check vaccination status at the 11am service.
- Where possible, please keep 1.5m distance from others (unless you’re from the same household).
- If aged over 12 years, you must wear a mask indoors during the 9:30am or 5pm ‘no vaccination status required’ service, unless speaking up the front. Masks are not required at the 11:00am ‘fully vaccinated’ service.
- After any use of the buildings, surfaces and doorhandles in that space must be wiped down.
- At this stage, we will not be rostering unvaccinated people on welcoming/door-manager duties.
Carols in the Park
- We are planning to run carols in the park on December 19th.
- Volunteers include: BBQ attendants, welcomers, music team, up front presenters, participants in the play. All volunteers aged more than 12 years 2 months must:
- be double-vaccinated, (and this must be recorded prior to the event).
- wear a lanyard identifying them as a volunteer.
- Only volunteers will be admitted to the stage area.
- Those cooking or serving at the BBQ must wear a mask and gloves.
- As we do not have exclusive control over the space in the park, those seated on the grassed areas, or other park furniture are not subject to this COVIDSafe plan, and must take their own responsibility to act in a COVIDSafe manner.
Let’s keep on being flexible and kind toward one another during this time of transition. We expect changes in the coming weeks, but let’s always remember:
“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
The Reservoir PC Session.